When you opt to have your nose perfected for cosmetic or medical reasons, you must complete the recovery process. It may take several weeks to feel back to normal. In order to heal completely and without problems, there are a few restrictions that patients must follow.
Immediately Following Rhinoplasty
Whether you undergo a breast augmentation Newport Beach CA procedure or a Newport Beach botox treatment, you can expect some recovery time. The same goes for a preservation rhinoplasty procedure. This type of rhinoplasty is the latest procedure that preserves and reshapes the cartilage at the tip of the nose and that repairs nasal ligaments to connect the skin to this cartilage. During the first week of recovery, it is advised to rest as much as possible, especially with your head elevated. Also, you must take your medication as prescribed. You may experience some early bleeding. However, this is normal and should subside in a few days. Also, you may feel congested or stuffy.
During the first week of recovery, you will have your nose in a splint. It is recommended to avoid strenuous exercise. However, taking a gentle walk encourages healthy circulation.
What to Avoid After a Rhinoplasty Procedure
To ensure a solid recovery, there are a few restrictions given to patients.
- No Smoking. Smoking is a bad habit the constricts blood flow.
- Don’t Wear Glasses. Since glasses rest on the nose, it is best to keep them off of your face for a few weeks following surgery.
- Don’t Blow Your Nose. To avoid injury, it is wise to avoid the pressure of blowing your nose.
- Stay Away from Trauma. As previously mentioned, you should avoid exercise or sports for a few weeks. This will likely prevent nasal trauma.
- Get Out of the Sun. Following surgery, you are at a higher likelihood of getting a sunburn. Therefore, you should take precautions, including using sunscreen or wearing a hat. This will help to avoid scarring and other complications.
Dr. Aaron Kosins is an expert at preservation rhinoplasty and other cosmetic procedures, including Newport Beach breast augmentation. For more information about the restrictions in place following a nose job or other surgeries, call our office today.